Monday, August 26, 2013

Heavy Rain

It was raining heavily that night.

She stormed out of the restaurant door, must have been something I said. I stormed after her.

"Get back here! It's raining outside, you'll catch a fever later!" "Leave me alone!" she said to me.

Things were great until the heart took over the brain.

The dinner went just fine. Good food, best company I could ever wish for in the universe. Until the heart did the talking.

She was shocked, maybe she didn't saw that coming. Started arguing, I just won't back down. Something's wrong with me that night. I've lost it.

Back to the start.

"Why are you doing this? Why worked so hard for me?"

I grabbed her hand, stared deeply into her eyes. "Because I love you, idiot"

She let go of my grip, eyes to the ground, stuttering. "You know this won't work right? You knew it well, damn well"

"I'm willing to take my chances"

"Stop, damn it! Just stop. Stop tormenting yourself. You used to be so bright, what happened to that boy? I missed him"

"Well, you know what they say. People chang-" 

"No, not you! I don't ever want you to change. You used to have a smile that could brighten the whole room"

"I guess, I'm no longer the person who I used to be"

"This won't work, you knew it, why waste your time?"

"I know it, I am undeserving. You're the Mona Lisa in The Musée du Louvre, I'm the janitor who swept the streets of Paris"

"It's not that, damn it. Why can't you just be happy with someone else? Why me"

"Why not you? Why must it be someone else?"

"Stop, just stop. We're not going anywhere, get that into your head. Be happy, please. If it's not for your own sake, be happy for me. Stop this"

I was silenced.

"I'm going home now, thanks for the dinner btw"

With that, she left. I stood there, wishing that what just happened was only just a dream, that if I pinched myself really hard, I would wake up.

But no, it's the truth, reality.

I stared at the gloomy skies as it kept pouring down.

"I wish it won't stop raining anytime soon"

No comments:

Post a Comment